TOKYO — DaimlerChrysler AG is negotiating to purchase as much as a 34% stake in Japan's Mitsubishi Motors Corp., Japanese media reports say. The deal would give the automaker a stake in Asia, where it lacks a significant presence. It also could prove to be a lifesaver to Mitsubishi, which carries •1.7 trillion (US$15.6 billion) in interest-bearing debt. Mitsubishi confirmed talks are going on. DC declined to comment. Published reports say talks have reached the final stages, with only ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DaimlerChrysler eyes Mitsubishi" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.