DaimlerChrysler Corp. recalls 316,148 Jeep Wranglers and 268,740 Dodge Ram trucks for parking brake and wiring problems. The Wranglers’ parking brake can release, causing the vehicle to roll away if parked on an incline. Chrysler says 83 accidents have occurred and four people were injured as a result of the problem that affects ’90-’95 Wranglers. Loose alternator wires are blamed for the Ram recall, which affects ’01 models. Two fires have been reported as a result but no injuries.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DaimlerChrysler Recalls Wranglers, Rams" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.