DaimlerChrysler AG sold some of its capital services portfolio to GE Capital on Jan. 24 for E1.3 billion ($1.1 billion). The move is part of a continuing effort by DaimlerChrysler to rid itself of non-automotive business. As part of the sale, GE Capital will receive commercial real estate loans, asset-based manufacturing loans and service, and distribution companies. DaimlerChrysler Capital Services total loan portfolio is worth about E130 billion ($113 billion).
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DaimlerChrysler Sells Part of Portfolio to GE Capital" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.