DaimlerChrysler AG tightened its control of beleaguered Mitsubishi Motors Corp. last week by renegotiating its purchase price for the Japanese automaker and installing Rolf Eckrodt, previous head of DC's Adtranz rail system subsidiary, as Mitsubishi's chief operating officer. Instead of increasing its 34% stake in Mitsubishi as had been anticipated, the German-U.S. automaker also opted to lower its purchase price to $1.9 billion from $2.1 billion, or by 10%. As part of the agreement, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DaimlerChrysler Tightens Control on MMC" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642