Ford Motor Co. saddles the shores of Pebble Beach, CA, with its Shelby GR-1 super fastback, which may end up being the Ford GT super car’s successor. Built on the GT’s architecture, the GR-1 is intended to offer “additional edge” over the Ford Shelby Cobra roadster concept that was codenamed Daisy, according to a Ford executive. The Shelby was designed in collaboration with car-builder Carroll Shelby and unleashed at the Detroit Show in January, but the hardtop GR-1 likely is more-closely ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Daisy Gets Dolled Up; Lexus Shows Special Edition SC" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.