There were few surprises when DaimlerChrysler AG reported third quarter earnings Thursday that largely mirrored the warning issued a month ago that the Chrysler Group would take a beating (see Ward's Automotive Reports — Oct. 2, '00, p.3). The expectation was an operating loss of $528 million. The reality: a loss of $512 million, in sharp contrast to like-1999's $1 billion profit. The Chrysler Group performance was a black eye in a quarter that saw overall corporate revenues increase 8% ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DC 3Q Losses in Line with Warning" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.