DaimlerChrysler AG agrees to acquire 50% of Netherlands Car BV, a wholly owned subsidiary of its alliance affiliate, Mitsubishi Motors Corp. The facility will be used to build Smart vehicles in 2004. Details on financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed. The facility will be used by Mitsubishi to build the Colt compact car as well as the Smart Forfour. The vehicles will share the same engine, chassis and other components.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DC Acquires 50% Of Ned Car" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.