A $58.5 million verdict against DaimlerChrysler AG is thrown out by a Pennsylvania appeals court on the grounds a trial court “abused its discretion.” The verdict stemmed from a class-action lawsuit filed by a woman who burned her hand when an airbag in a Chrysler vehicle inflated during a collision. The Superior Court of Pennsylvania overruled a lower court verdict from February, which at the time was the largest monetary award ever over airbag litigation. “Justice was finally served ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DC Airbag Verdict Thrown Out" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.