SEOUL — The proposed commercial joint venture between Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. and alliance partner DaimlerChrysler AG appears to be stalled. Eckard Cordes, DC's president of corporate development, recently visited Korea to assure his Hyundai counterparts that things still are a “go,” but now a “slow go,” sources tell Ward's Automotive International. Cordes spent two days in Seoul meeting with Lee Kye-Ahn, Hyundai's chief executive officer, and other Hyundai officials. “DC is now going to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DC applies brakes to Hyundai commercial truck venture" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.