The United Auto Workers union and DaimlerChrysler AG’s Axle Alliance Co. subsidiary reach a 5-year agreement covering its 200 workers. The agreement calls for Axle Alliance to invest $30 million to expand a plant in Redford, MI, and another $10 million at its Kings Mountain, NC, plant. The expansion should boost employment to 500 workers within the next two years. The unit makes axles and other parts for DC’s commercial-truck division, mainly its Freightliner unit.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DC Axle Unit, UAW Reach Agreement" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.