DaimlerChrysler AG and Bombardier Inc. reach a settlement over the sale of DC’s Adtranz rail systems unit to the Canadian firm. The pact lowers the acquisition price by $209 million to $516 million, while DC will record a €170 million ($209 million) gain as part of the deal. Bombardier claimed DC significantly overvalued Adtranz assets. The unit has gone through a massive restructuring plan, including the loss of 6,600 jobs.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DC, Bombardier Reach Rail Systems Settlement" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.