DaimlerChrysler AG says its Mexican unit has begun production of the new PT Cruiser convertible. DC reportedly has invested about $45 million in tools and equipment for the new Cruiser model, which it hopes will spur sales of the once-hot vehicle. DC operates three Mexican manufacturing plants, which built 308,738 units last year, a drop of 18.9% from ’02 because of lackluster demand in the U.S.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DC Building PT Cruiser Convertible in Mexico" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.