BANGKOK –Independent vehicle importers have failed to provide adequate after-sales service to customers here, says DaimlerChrysler (Thailand) President and CEO Karl-Heinz Heckhausen. Heckhausen tells local reporters those importers of Mercedes-Benz and other vehicles from the U.K., Pakistan and Bangladesh have created a so-called "gray" market that is largely unregulated. "We're not happy with these importers as they are not responsible for anything, leaving the burden with the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DC Chief Says Independent Importers Fail Thailand Customers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.