DaimlerChrysler AG is planning to cut 720 jobs at two of its Brazilian facilities. The job cuts, which account for 7% of DC’s Brazilian workforce, include 650 employees at its Sao Bernardo do Campo truck plant outside Sao Paulo and 70 workers at its facility in Campinas, north of Sao Paulo, say reports quoting a union official from one of the plants. DC declines to provide a number concerning the prospective job cuts, but says it is trying to reduce costs and increase competitiveness in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DC to Cut 720 Jobs in Brazil" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.