JOHANNESBURG – DaimlerChrysler AG in South Africa is delaying a decision finalizing a future expanded role for its plant in East London in the Eastern Cape Province, disappointing the local workforce ahead of Christmas. DaimlerChrysler is delaying a decision on an expansion at its East London, South Africa plant. Local press reports had claimed a proposed expansion likely would involve an increase in capacity for export purposes. Nevertheless, DC says it is committed to investing ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DC Delays South African Plant Expansion" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.