SEOUL — DaimlerChrysler AG was speedy in issuing a denial of a published report last month that it plans to dump its Korean alliance partner Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. The story quotes Rolf Eckrodt, DC's handpicked chief operating officer of Mitsubishi Motors Corp., as saying Mitsubishi is to be DC's sole partner in Asia. DC holds a 37.3% share in Mitsubishi, and DC and Mitsubishi together hold an 11.1% stake in Hyundai. Eckrodt, who at first denied giving an interview on the sidelines of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DC denies reports it plans to dump Hyundai alliance" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.