AUBURN HILLS, MI — DaimlerChrysler Corp. unveils its third-generation Partnership for a New Generation of Vehicles (PNGV) concept, the Dodge ESX3, with improvements that include an all-aluminum turbodiesel engine and a novel electromagnetically shifted “automated manual” transmission that could soon show up on conventional vehicles. The ESX3 mild hybrid (or “mybrid”) is powered by a 1.5L 3-cyl. direct-injected, all-aluminum turbodiesel engine (the previous-generation ESX's turbodiesel had ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DC has new innovations for latest PNGV concept" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.