A joint venture between DaimlerChrysler AG and Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. is approved by the European Commission. The JV, which will produce commercial trucks, is expected to begin output in the first half of next year, reports Reuters. DC will exercise an option to purchase half of the JV by the end of this year for E400 million ($409.6 million).
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DC, Hyundai JV Approved by European Government" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.