DaimlerChrysler AG inks pacts to build various models in China with local firms. DC will produce Mercedes-Benz C- and E-Class sedans at a new Beijing plant, scheduled to come online by mid-2005. The plant is a joint venture with Beijing Automotive Industry Holding Co. Ltd. A production goal of 25,000 units annually in the medium term has been set. In another JV, DC teams up with Fujian Motor Industry Group and China Motor Corp. to build Sprinter and Viano/Vito vans at a new plant to be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DC Inks JV Pacts with Chinese Partners" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.