NEW YORK – Orion Bus Industries, a DaimlerChrysler Commercial Buses North America subsidiary, locks up an order to supply 500 Orion VII hybrid buses to the Metropolitan Transportation Authority here. The delivery will more than double the Big Apple’s hybrid transit bus fleet to 825 units by mid-2007. The MTA also has an option to purchase another 389 buses from Orion. MTA Chairman Peter Kalikow, NY City Transit President Lawrence Reuter and Andreas Renschler, a DC board of management ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DC Lands Big Hybrid Bus Order" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.