SAO PAULO – DaimlerChrysler AG launches production of the Acello light truck in Brazil. The Acello, which cost $160 million to develop, is designed for congested urban areas, similar to most large Brazilian cities. DC says it hopes to make Brazil the new truck’s export base to markets worldwide. Officials project sales of 10,000 units annually when the line is fully operative, while this year’s sales are slated to amount to 1,000 units.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DC Launches Acello Light Truck" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.