NEW ORLEANS — Mitsubishi Motors Corp. with its new Lancer compact car will provide the platform for DaimlerChrysler AG's future-generation Neon, Mitsubishi officials tell Ward's Automotive International. Mitsubishi and DC, which purchased a controlling share in the Japanese automaker last year, have been seeking ways to cut costs through back-office synergies as well as platform sharing. The small car platform was a good place to start, Mitsubishi officials say, because DC had not begun ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DC Neon to ride on Mitsubishi platform" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.