The Mercedes-Benz Vans unit of DaimlerChrysler AG opens its new Van Technology Center (VTC) in Stuttgart-Unterturkheim, Germany. The center’s goal is to attract highly qualified engineers and to centralize various functions of the division, says Andreas Renschler, head of DC Commercial Vehicles. With an initial investment of €75 million ($97 million), the VTC will house 16 different functions that previously were scattered about the Stuttgart area, including management, strategy, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DC Opens New Van Technology Center" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.