BERLIN — DaimlerChrysler AG is predicting a first-quarter loss of as much as E1 billion (US$888 million) due to falling sales at its U.S. operation and at troubled subsidiary Mitsubishi Motors Corp. in Japan. The estimated amount comes before taxes, interest and charges. The German automaker, published reports say, also will take a US$2.7 billion charge to cut 26,000 jobs at Chrysler Corp. and US$355 million to reorganize Mitsubishi, in which it now holds a 37.3% share following an ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DC predicts major 1st quarter loss" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.