DaimlerChrysler AG’s Chrysler Group is recalling 1.6 million ’93-’98 Grand Cherokee SUVs after customer complaints the vehicle was rolling backward when in park. Chrysler says its own internal investigation found no problem, but is recalling the Grand Cherokees to comply with a federal investigation and satisfy worried owners. Some 59 injuries have occurred as a result of the problem. To remedy the situation, Chrysler is installing a device on the floor shifter to make certain the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DC Recalls 1.6 Million Grand Cherokees" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.