DaimlerChrysler AG is hoping to breathe new life into its ailing China venture, Beijing Jeep Corp. (BJC). The two partners signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) in late September agreeing to revamp the project, China's first automotive joint venture, formed in 1983 between American Motors Corp., which the former Chrysler Corp. took over in 1987, and Beijing Automotive Industry Group Corp. (BAIC). DaimlerChrysler has pledged to pump an additional US$226 million into Beijing Jeep, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DC renews interest in Beijing Jeep" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.