DaimlerChrysler AG is taking aggressive steps to right its Smart GmbH unit. The auto maker says it will take a charge of €1.2 billion ($1.56 billion) to account for the restructuring, which will reduce Smart’s workforce by 700 people within the next two years. DC plans to realign Smart’s model range, eliminating the Roadster at the end of this year and discontinuing development of the Formore cross/utility vehicle. Engineering and development work for the redesigned Fortwo city car ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DC Revamps Smart Business Plan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.