DaimlerChrysler AG says its Global Electric Motorcars LLC company has 28,000 electric vehicles in use across the U.S. and internationally. The small vehicles are used in planned communities, military bases, city, state and national parks, industrial developments and college and university campuses, says GEM. “Our research shows that GEM owners use the vehicles to replace their conventional cars and trucks for the most polluting trips – a short drive with a cold vehicle,” says Rick ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DC Says 28,000 GEMs in Use Nationwide" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.