Giovanni Agnelli, Fiat SpA's honorary president and major shareholder, has agreed to transfer his family's controlling stake in Fiat to DaimlerChrysler AG, sources in Italy tell Ward's. Fiat, which has been the target of takeover rumors for months, again denied the Agnelli family would sell its interest to DC. A DC spokeswoman in Detroit declined to comment on the new rumors. Sources say the deal was reached a couple of weeks ago and now is being poured over by lawyers and financial ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DC to Take Stake in Fiat?" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.