SAO PAULO – DaimlerChrysler AG plans to build 20,000 Smart Formore cars at its Juiz de Fora plant by 2006, says Gero Hermann, new president of DC’s Brazilian subsidiary. Production will begin in June 2005 and the number of employees will increase from 1,100 to 2,000, he says. Smart Formore The Formore is the first U.S.-bound Smart. The car is an all-new variant based on a platform larger and more content-rich than the Fortwo or the larger 4-passenger Forfour. Exports will begin ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DC Targets Production of 20,000 Smart Formores by 2006" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.