DaimlerChrysler Corp. will eliminate the Cirrus nameplate when it brings out its revamped lineup of JA midsize cars for '01. It also will add 2-door coupe versions of the cars for the first time, DCC President James P. Holden reveals in an interview. DCC, which already effectively eliminated the Breeze from the midsize car lineup when it announced it was scrapping the Plymouth brand, will drop the Cirrus badge in favor of Sebring, the name currently used on the JA-based convertible built ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DCC to Dump Cirrus Name, Build JA Coupes" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.