The need to cut costs at DaimlerChrysler Corp. has made a casualty of plans to produce a full-sized sport/utility vehicle (codenamed DR74) off the Dodge Ram platform for '04. That has fueled fears in Windsor, Ont., home of the Pillette Road Truck Assembly Plant where it was to have been built, that the facility will not receive the full $1 billion investment announced in June (see Ward's Automotive Reports — June 19, '00, p.1). City of Windsor, as well as union, officials do not want to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DCC Kills Plans for Big SUV Again" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.