DaimlerChrysler Corp. finally plans to join the domestic side air bag race. After years of expressing doubts about the cost-effectiveness of side air bags, DCC now plans to offer the safety devices on its '01 minivans. DCC also is hard at work preparing its '03 model year minivans with side curtain air bags, sources tell Ward's. Breed Siemens Restraint Systems is supplying both the side air bags on the '01 minivan and the curtain air bags for the '03 model year minivan. But because of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DCC Minivans to Get Side, Curtain Air Bags" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.