In a good cop, bad cop sharing of duties, DaimlerChrysler Corp. President Dieter Zetsche and chief operating officer Wolfgang Bernhard will reveal their restructuring plan Feb. 23. In his Dec. 19 meeting with the media, Mr. Zetsche outlined how DCC will find spring after a winter of economic discontent. There are six teams at work. Four are focused on cost-cutting: in materials, manufacturing, fixed costs and operational changes. They report to Mr. Bernhard whose career included a stint ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DCC's Restructuring Teams in Place" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.