The empire of DaimlerChrysler AG has grown again. Last Wednesday (July 19) DC's big truck subsidiary Freightliner Corp. announced intentions to buy small-volume producer Western Star Trucks Holdings for C$670 million and integrate the Canada-based company with its Sterling Trucks Div. The purchase is expected to be completed this fall. The acquisition gives Freightliner control of Western Star's recently completed factory in North Charleston, SC. Freightliner acknowledges it could use ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DC's Freightliner Buys Western Star" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.