A new book, The End of Detroit – How the Big Three Lost There Grip On the American Car Market, has created some buzz in the Motor City. But among dealers, it’s caused nary a ripple. Chrysler Group Dealer Council Chairman Bill McSkimming While author Micheline Maynard doesn’t go so far as to say Big Three auto makers will become extinct, she envisions a future where there are few, if any, dominant players. (See related story: Panning in Detroit) Big Three dealers aren’t buying ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Dealer Council Chairmen Optimistic" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.