Dealers desperate for more vehicles got little relief in August, as the inventory daysâ€™ supply count held steady at 52 by monthâ€™s end. The Aug. 31 tally, well below the 60-day supply long considered the industry norm, remained flat despite the slight uptick in volume to 2,078,184 vehicles from July 31â€™s 7-month low of 2,005,867. Related document: U.S. Light Vehicle Inventory â€“ August 2010 While month-end August inventory was 676,000 units above the â€śCash-for-Clunkersâ€ť-depleted ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Dealer Inventory Rises Slightly in August, But Daysâ€™ Supply Unchanged" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.