LAS VEGAS – Franchised car dealers and research company J.D. Power and Associates are at odds after a curious commentary written by company founder Dave Power III appeared in The Wall Street Journal Oct. 28. In the column, Power blasts the current automotive retail franchise system, saying it is “overly restrictive” and adds as much as 30% to the base cost of a vehicle. The current system “hardly serves or satisfies anyone,” Power writes. He advocates a setup that follows the Wal-Mart ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Dealers to J.D. Power: Get Your Facts Straight" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.