DEARBORN – Ford Motor Co. peels back the curtain on its new truck plant here, a $2 billion investment expected to help open a new era in manufacturing for the auto maker. Mezzanine level keeps worker traffic, administration offices and cafeteria out of the way of assembly line. Job One for the new Dearborn Truck Plant, the cornerstone of an expansive renovation to Ford’s massive, 85-year-old Rouge industrial complex, is set for summer 2004, following completion of construction ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Dearborn Plant to Help Herald In New Manufacturing Era at Ford" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.