PARIS – The combination of features available from laminated side windows is beginning to convince manufacturers to install them in European high-end models, and an industry organization predicts that 50 models will use them by 2006. Federico Olivares, PPG's market manager for automotive OEM glass, shows off thin panel of laminated glass used in Lincoln Aviator. Laminated glass resists break-ins, repels ultraviolet rays, reduces interior noise, is 10%-12% lighter in weight and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Debate Rages, But Laminated Glass Making Headway in Europe" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.