DETROIT -- Canada sales surged for the third straight month in December to lift light-vehicle sales to a new all-time high of 1.567 million units, 1.5% above 2000’s 1.544 million, which was the previous best. Coming into December, year-to-date sales were lagging year-ago by half a percentage point. But December sales increased by a robust 17.5% from same-month 2000 to a daily selling rate of 5,565 -- 24 selling days both periods -- after increasing 12.3% in November and 6.0% in October. By ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"December Surge Lifts Canada to Record Sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.