BRATISLAVA, Slovakia – Volkswagen Slovakia a.s. expects a decision soon on the production site of the new low-cost Up! minicar, also known as New Small Family. The plant based in the Slovak capital here is seen as the most likely source for the minicar family, which is to be sold under the VW, Skoda and SEAT brands. The new model range is expected to reach dealerships in 2011. “We hope to receive a decision from the (parent Volkswagen AG) within the next days,” Volkswagen Slovakia CEO ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Decision Said Near on VW Up! Production Site" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.