Ford Dealer Council Chairman Jerry Reynolds, Ward’s 2002 Dealer of the Year, was waiting with other Ford dealers in Robert Rewey's office at Ford Motor Co.'s world headquarters in Dearborn, MI. The year was 2000 and Rewey at the time was Ford's high-ranking group vice president for sales and marketing. The dealers were there to ask Ford to put up $50 million to help make the FordDirect.com Internet sales initiative a reality. The dealer body would toss in another $50 million. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Deep in the Heart of Texan Jerry Reynolds" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.