Delphi Automotive Systems introduces a next-generation antilock brake system (ABS) that can be tuned to eliminate the pulsating and clicking that disturbs some drivers, particularly those in the U.S. The system, known as DBC9, is an electro-hydraulic hybrid that eliminates the need for a vacuum booster and has a smaller master cylinder. A motor driving a pump pressurizes brake fluid that is stored in an accumulator. A set of linear solenoid valves controls flow of the fluid and distributes ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Delphi ABS Cuts Noise, Vibration" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.