Delphi Automotive Systems soon will begin using part of the decommissioned K.I. Sawyer Air Force Base near Marquette in Michigan's Upper Peninsula as a winter testing facility. The base has sat idle for several years, and the Marquette County Board has approved a five-year lease allowing Delphi to use 108 acres and a 25,000-sq.-ft. building for an annual payment of $179,600, the Mining Journal in Marquette reports. Delphi wants its own winter proving grounds because for years it has ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Delphi to Chill Out in U.P." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.