Delphi Automotive Systems says it has developed an all-new electronic unit injector (EUI) for large diesel engines. Delphi’s new unit increases peak injection pressures and improves response. The company says new technology allows integration of the spill valve and control solenoid into the injector body, concentric with the pump and nozzle. As well as providing new cylinder-head packaging possibilities, the new injectors weigh half that of older units, saving as much as14.5 lbs. (6.6 kg) ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Delphi improves injectors for diesel engines" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.