DETROIT -- Delphi Automotive Systems Corp. has a starring role in the production of the Segway HT, the new 2-wheel scooter that could have Schwinn dealers breaking a sweat. The Segway HT is the brainchild of inventor Dean Kamen, who says the human transporter will revolutionize personal transportation on the plant floor, mail routes, in neighborhoods and on campuses. It is self-balancing, using five gyroscopes Kamen invented. Initial price is about $10,000 but should come down to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Delphi Pitches In for Segway" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.