DETROIT – Bankrupt supplier Delphi Corp. this week offered the United Auto Workers a new contract proposal that is marginally better than previous offerings, but the union says it will dismiss it without scheduling a vote among rank-and-file members. “It would be an insult to our membership,” UAW President Ron Gettelfinger says on Wednesday, Nov. 16, during a press conference here at Solidarity House. UAW Vice President Richard Shoemaker, who leads union negotiations with Delphi and its ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Delphi Plans Deep Job Cuts, UAW Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.