SAO PAULO – Delphi Corp. signs a $336 million contract with Renault SA to supply parts in Brazil through 2006. Included in the list of components are batteries and steering wheel systems. Delphi South America President Gabor Janos Deak says the company’s factory in Piracicaba will increase battery production 10% to 2.7 million units per year, in part as a result of the deal. The Brazilian unit also is exporting batteries to the U.S., South America and Europe, Deak says, mainly for the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Delphi to Supply Renault in Brazil" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.