TOKYO – Surely, but not at all slowly, Honda Motor Co. Ltd. is moving ever deeper into China's robust car market. Honda plans to build the Fit in China for export to Europe. From a modest start in 1999, Honda production and sales more than tripled the following year to 32,760 units, then more than doubled to 67,395 in 2002 and may nearly double again this year. "And demand still exceeds supply," says Koji Kadowaki, president of Guangzhou Honda Automotive Co. Ltd. in an ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Demand Exceeds Supply for Honda in China" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.